Wednesday, August 8, 2007

thinking green

thinking green helps. When i purchase things I ask myself if I can recycle the packaging or if it is bio degradable.. I know we do not have much in the way of recycling in my area, so when I buy a soda in a single serve, I buy it in an aluminum can. Aluminum is the one metal I am certian that my landfill removes and seperates. They dont remove MANY plastics.
I try to recycle anything I can that works in my compost pile, and food scraped from plates, feeds the chickens. so, the same energy, grown, cooked, and eaten, then possibly wasted by being tossed out, gets used yet again , feeding something else that while it emits co2 , is not emitting MORE co2 by being fed a processed grain as well as anything I can come up with.,
Speaking to my hay grower, there have been droughts and hay shortages in parts of the country that are driving buyers to our area, to buy hay.. they are inadvertently driving up the price of our hay. Making us look worried at the price our hay may cost us by the end of the upcoming winter.

No comments: