Thursday, July 26, 2007

things to do

If you buy plastics, for the most part , you are causeing co2 emissions thru their creation and disposal. I try myself to use as few as I can, or to use only those things I will re- use over and over and over.
But for the "everyday things" like grocery bags , I am using thicker tougher corn feed bags , I have cut them down to size a little and added a narrow strip of fabric to the bottom. I have also added a rope draw string handle.

I have also switched to buying glass or aluminum if I buy a drink for one when Im running my errands. at least the aluminum or glass can be better more efficently recycled.

if you have ideas or tips for this please do add on to it !!

1 comment:

Helen said...

I love water bottles -- they let me carry water in a perfect sized container -- anywhere! And I drink a LOT of water if I have one w/ me. I WISH they'd make a nalgene bottle in the easy to use size... but until they do, I buy one or two bottles of water in the evil plastic, but reuse them to death. Eventually, someone will decide that my empty water bottle is really trash, and recycle it before I can stop it... but for now, we rotate about a six-pack worth through the refrigerator, refilling whenever we drink from them. It doesn't eliminate the plastic use, but it sure cuts down.